This policy tells you about how we use and protect your personal information.
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you or your employer gives us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, phone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) employee benefits enrollment information, which may include your Social Security Number, dependent information, marital status, and other pertinent information required for processing employee benefits eligibility and employment related information.
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as benefit elections you or your employer generates or that relates to your employment);
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, and content, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, employee benefit plan administrators and insurance companies).
Empliant does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure and improve our services and content;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties, such as employee benefit plan administrators and insurance companies;
- and other uses as described when we collect the information.
Registration and sharing through third-party services.
We may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to sign into Empliant.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
- Employee Benefit Plan Administrators and Insurance Companies responsible for providing employee benefit programs for your employer.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Empliant user to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
Information You Share on Empliant
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity or personal information, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you. Be sure to properly log out of Empliant to prevent this possibility.
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, measure efficiency, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you use a link in Empliant to view a web page created by another party, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Empliant communication preferences so we may communicate to you as you prefer. To report Empliant-related spam or spoof emails to Empliant, please forward the email to email@example.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. We do not rent or sell email addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and/or special characters, and do not disclose your Empliant password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to Empliant. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate, per your Employer’s practices and policies. We do retain personal information from terminated employees to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.